Head of Warehousing & Logistics
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Warehouse/ Logistics Manager
Salary: c£ Superb salary and Car Allowance
Our client is looking to strengthen their senior management team. We are recruiting for a talented Head of Warehousing & Logistics who will be responsible for all warehousing and dispatch of this fast-paced Food manufacturing organisation. Have you got what it takes to join the team?
- Ideally you will have several years’ experience operating as a Warehouse Operations Manager / Despatch Manager from within the short shelf life food-based operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of Warehouse Management stock systems, picking operations, customer specs to delivery requirements. COSHH and Health & Safety requirements.
- MHE experience in managing a large 24/7 operation of MHE across the site.
- Driver disciplines to ensure they are driving in accordance with their training at all times.
- Should have excellent people management and relationship skills and be comfortable working effectively within a broad range of working environments.
- Ability to be customer facing when required to deal with any customer service level issue.
- Experience in investigating all incidents and accidents with root cause analysis and to implement all corrective actions as required.
- Needs to be a practical manager, willing to be hands-on and lead change from the front.
- Ability to work with all other operational departments including planning, production and distribution..
As Head of Warehousing, you will report to the Site General Manager to ensure that all customer requirements are met, ensuring orders are delivered on time, in full and in a safe manner.
You will have a team reporting to you, an Operations Manager, Shift Supervisors and the Shift Team member ( 24-7)
- You will be responsible for managing and all the Despatch Operations across all shifts.
- As part of your role, you will have the Stock control responsibility for all materials stored and picked for the business
- 3PL stock control – Full stock responsibility for stocks stored externally.
- GMP standards – Audit ready at all times.
- Health & Safety for Despatch operations, training of to meet with SOPs.
- Manage all Labour costs with the department – To ensure all labour resources are in place to maintain smooth operations at all times.
- Training – Ensure all staff are adequately trained to undertake all duties required. Responsible for the departmental skills matrix
- Ensure all orders are picked in accordance with customer orders ensuring correct date and stock rotation at all times.
- To review operations regularly to ensure we are cost effective and
To apply for these exciting opportunities with a brand leading business, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC/9366 or call me on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.