A vacancy has arisen for a
Site Electrical & Maintenance Engineer
Bradburys is a leading UK food business and has been providing quality cheese to consumers, sourced from regions of the United Kingdom and around the globe, and is very highly regarded amongst the retail and foodservice community. The key to our success can be attributed to the winning combination of industry knowledge and experience coupled with continuous innovation to meet future customer trends and demands.
As we continue to heavily invest in our operational facility, particularly with the new State of the Art Intelligent Cheese Cutting Line and a planned investment in our foodservice operation, we require candidates for the role of Site Engineer. The successful candidate will be fully qualified and have previous experience, preferably in the food industry and will be responsible for ensuring all the equipment and machinery is working to its highest potential to ensure production meets the plan. This key role will be very significant and we are looking for talented individuals who want to develop a career with us for the future.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate both mechanical and engineering capability and have a strong track record in PLC control, being able to adapt previous experience and learn new equipment & processes. You will be able to show initiative and problem-solving skills in your previous roles and responsibilities. You'll also have all the necessary qualifications to support your track record in engineering.
Your duties will include:
• To work alongside the current Site Engineer on a flexible basis to cover shifts and emergency call out.
• Developing a full preventative maintenance schedule of works for all the key machines and the operational sites
• General engineering activities
• Diagnosing and taking corrective action for mechanical and electrical faults or damage to machinery
• Fully conversant with all aspects of machine installation maintenance
• To carry out routine maintenance as required
• Installation of complex machinery
• Reading and interpreting technical drawings
• Inspection of parts, equipment or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
• Disassemble and reassemble machines and/or equipment for site maintenance
• Work in conjunction with the production and operators to maximise line efficiencies
• Play a key role in in the in the support, training and creation of standard operating procedures.
• To conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
• Uphold and promote company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity.
• Keep up to date, so far as necessary, with new legislation, procedures and techniques.
• To be conversant with and participate in activities and developments relevant to the post.
• To maintain strict confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing both Bradburys and the College
• To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the post.
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be required once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed
• Technical / engineering experience in this industry
• Ability to problem solve
• Logical thinker with a practical approach to tasks undertaken
• Mechanical and Electrical experience, with PLC controls
• Able to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team
• Full driving license
• Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Keen to learn new skills and undertake further studies
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
• Relevant engineering & electrical qualifications
• 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths, English & Science
So we’d love you to apply but think carefully as this role is critical, our expectations of you are like none other but if you are as excited as us about changing the future then go for it. Our selection process will be tough as the successful candidate really will be instrumental in our future.
Applications by CV by clicking the APPLY NOW button