Packaging Technologist- FMCG
Job Title: Packaging Technologist
Salary: Excellent Salary & Package
Location: Cheshire / North Wales / North West
This is a fantastic role for a Packaging Development professional to join a global business making FMCG products. They are an award winning business, who are recognised as an “Employer of Choice”. This new opportunity now exists for a Packaging Technologist to focus on the development of the innovation strategy and to give the business sustainable competitive advantage.
Their passions are for best in class packaging, for developing superior products that consumers love, and for impeccable delivery of projects. They are now looking to strengthened and expand their talented Packaging Development Team and will consider candidates who are looking for a Full time/ Job Share or Part Time opportunities.
- You will have a background in technical packaging development and project leadership experience with a track record of delivering results, with a strong focus on sustainability, packaging waste directives and the environment
- Ideally Honours or Degree Equivalent in Science or Engineering or a Packaging Diploma is preferable.
- You need FMCG experience (Food/ Drink / Personal Care, Household Products) and ideally some customer facing experience would be advantageous.
- You need to create a fresh and innovative approach to overcoming challenges.
- Have accomplished IT Skills using Microsoft suite of programs (including MS Project) are essential.
- You will need well-developed interpersonal skills, specifically relationship building, facilitation, written / verbal communication.
The Role: Responsibility
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of packaging materials, manufacturing processes, suppliers (existing and new) and packaging innovation within the industry.
- Supporting New Product Development (NPD) through sourcing and developing of packaging materials.
- Identification of cost savings to the business through packaging innovation and/ or materials development.
- To conduct and report back on Primary and Secondary materials trials and testing ensuring that these are approved and specified.
- To create palletisation configurations following line trials using a palletisation software system.
- The creation of material specifications and approval of customer artwork including internal specifications.
- Testing of new liquids to ensure compatibility with primary and secondary packaging.
- Maintenance of the packaging materials database and specification libraries.
- To provide support and assistance to Packaging colleagues in order to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing in terms of key packaging developments with an understanding of sustainability, packaging waste directives and the environment.
To apply for this exciting new role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC/9374 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 01485 520000.