Job ref: 62904 | £19,760 | Somerset
The business has grown on the strength of its robust relationships with suppliers, customers, and food safety authorities.
Operating in a niche but growing market, they apply the highest food safety management principles and expertise to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
As the business continues to grow their product portfolio, they are looking for a Packhouse Operative to join their friendly production team.
- Packing, labelling, and ensuring orders are ready on time, following the daily production plan.
- Ensure food safety and hygiene procedures are followed.
- Set up, control, and adjust machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start the production cycle.
- Weigh and count products and packaging to order.
- Check products for quality and report any issues to the Packhouse Supervisor.
- Work with Packhouse team members to ensure daily production targets are met.
- Accurately fill in daily production reports.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and weekly deep clean of the Packhouse.
To be considered for the position, you will have some previous production, packhouse, manufacturing or similar experience. A background of working in FMCG or food manufacturing is highly desirable.
You will enjoy working in a busy, hard-working team, be able to work confidently and independently, plus be a good communicator with a customer-first approach.
A driving licence and transport will be needed due to site location and shift times.
The Packhouse Operative job is based in Somerset and is paying £19,760 plus pension contribution, life assurance scheme and 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
The company also provides on-the-job training and development opportunities.
There are two shifts currently available; 7.00 am – 3.30 pm OR 3.00 pm – 11.00 pm, according to your preference.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Packhouse Operative job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Food Packing Operative | Production Operative | Packhouse Assistant | Production Assistant | Production Line Jobs | Manufacturing Line Operative | Somerset