Job ref: 62906 | £21,000 - £25,000 + excellent benefits | Oxfordshire
This role is working for a fast-growing and profitable manufacturer which is a world-class leader within their market sector. Through constant creativity, they provide top quality, innovative products that deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction.
The purpose of the Specifications Technologist is to ensure the legal and policy compliance of all specifications for finished food products.
- Ensure the recipe and product specification database is accurate and up to date.
- Complete own label product specifications on customer web-based systems and support the integration of company branded products on these systems where required.
- Generate accurate technical pack copy information such as ingredient declaration, nutrition information, allergen warnings etc.
- Sign-off (approval or rejection) of artwork designs for legal compliance.
- Respond to customer technical, nutritional and food issue related queries.
- Review supplier risk assessments and updating expired certificates and self-assessment questionnaires.
- Experience working in a technical / specifications role in the food/beverages industry
- Understanding of retailer specification systems (FIND, INSPIRE, TQC, ASPECT etc)
- Knowledge of ingredients, nutrition, and factory process methods.
- Food Science, Food Technology or Nutrition related HND/Degree.
- Awareness of retailer policies and codes of practice.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in Oxfordshire and is paying £21,000 - £25,000 according to experience.
The company offers excellent benefits including 25 days holiday + bank holidays, holiday purchase scheme, pension scheme, healthcare plan, employee assistance programme, retailer discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and free car parking.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file in order to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 working hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the stated requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is proud of their reputation of being professional and friendly, food industry recruitment consultants. Established in 2000, we are a market leader within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart, when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Food Technologist Jobs | Technical Administrator | Specifications Writer | Food Spec Tech Jobs | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Science Jobs | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Oxfordshire