From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
Product and Packaging Technologist – East Kilbride/Morpeth (based at East Kilbride)
Secondment/Fixed Term Contract (12-14 months)
Salary + Bonus + Flexible Benefits + Share Scheme + Pension Plan + Health Care
What you become part of:
East Kilbride Operations produce 18 million cases of drinks per year across their 6 production lines - 2 glass bottle, 2 PET bottle (plastic) and 2 pouch lines This is the only site in GB that produces our Appletiser products in glass. There are ~180 employees on site and experience here can lead to excellent career opportunities both in East Kilbride and further afield across other GB sites and Pan-European locations.
Morpeth Operations is the only site which creates our iconic GLACÉAU Smartwater and Abbey Well in GB. The site is capable of manufacturing still and sparking water in PET (plastic) bottles. They currently produce 13 million cases of drinks per year. There are 40 employees on site.
What to expect:
As a process expert, this role is the primary contact for all Commercialisation, Procurement and Technology projects and will be responsible for their total management from inception to production, co-ordinating site resource to test the feasibility and manage the implementation. In addition they will manage the communication of project status and progress at a site level with the Senior Management team and with appropriate Central functions, facilitating, co-ordinating and optimising the implementation of the new initiatives projects and the process improvement.
- Optimise the process (from upstream technologies (including blending, measurement, ingredients to palletiser) for existing and developing product categories
- Deliver new product, raw material and packaging development initiatives within the site
- Act as a coordinator for the other CCEP sites between Commercialisation and Direct Procurement
- Work with the central functions (QESH, Engineering, Procurement) on defining supplier standards and monitoring performance
- Successful launch of New Products (e.g. through effective line-trials)
- Utilise Central expertise to support problem-solving where necessary to ensure all opportunities for successful trials have been considered (Central Engineering and Technology, Centre of Expertise for Operational Excellence)
- Active and regular participation in site and team routines
- Liaise with external suppliers to deliver the process improvements needed
- Work with local teams (e.g. manufacturing teams, etc…) and support them to improve process
- Upskill the rest of the site including Operator Technicians and Technicians
- Lead the new initiatives launch process, ensuring all relevant stakeholders have signed off the plan in advance and learnings are documented & taken from each launch/trial.
- To deputise for the Quality Manager, East Kilbride site only
- To support the QESH department, East Kilbride as required.
Skills & Essentials:
- Graduate calibre, with minimum 3 years experience.
- Broad understanding of FMCG activities, probably gained from track record in operational/supply chain management/technical function
- Technical understanding of Packaging
- Proven project management skills essential
- Using analytical process management skills
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent influencing skills
- Demonstrable technical capability to work with product specifications and understand any operational challenges
- Leading multi disciplined teams to ensure deadlines are met and product or packaging trialled/launched Right, First Time.
- Experience in a Quality role beneficial
- Food or Drink industry experience preferred.
- Travel to the Morpeth site and within the GB group as required.
If this role is of interest to you please upload a recent copy of your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
We aim to make our recruitment process as comfortable and accessible as possible and would appreciate it if you would advise us of any particular requirements, adjustments or requests you may have to help us ensure that your experience is enjoyable.
Location: East Kilbride