This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Provides leadership, coaching & oversight for Site Safety, Health & Environmental governance, policy, training & reporting, ensuring legal & Corporate compliance, SHE budgetary control, risk management & reduction. Provides insight and actively challenges/coaches leadership team on decisions
- Site SHE Pillar lead, deliver site actions to drive Purpose Led Performance as champion for People, Communities & Planet. This includes Site goals, targets & measures to meet 2025 corporate goals for PLP. Collaborate with HRBP to promote & support site EAG’s, D&I culture, Charitable activities and community connectivity
- Insure Site execution of SHE & risk management systems. This should include site business continuity planning & to ensure facility resilience programmes are in place and certified as Highly protected.
- Regional participation for maintaining, auditing, risk identification, sharing of corrective actions for continuous improvement and incident prevention to enable leading SHE performance in incident avoidance & reduction
- Develop, lead, & coordinate short, medium, long-term activities and preventative strategies/programs to enhance the SHE culture, reduce site risk, drive wellbeing & engagement for site. This includes taking lead with ethical audits & self-assessments
- Provide advice and support for incident escalation, investigation, analysis and follow-up. Ensure site follows McCormick Global MIR (McCormick Incident Rate) reporting procedures & corporate reporting. Analyse accident / site incident / risk patterns. Translating SHE & risk data and losses into actionable insights.
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Management or related field relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Country recognised Safety, Environmental qualification, e.g. NEBOSH, CIEH, IEMA.
- Significant experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or site facility roles with progressive responsibility for H&S, Environmental
- Experience of working in Quality function desirable
- Lead Auditor experience / skills
- Experience of leading a significant H&S or environmental project
- Strong problem-solving skills: leads others in problem solving & root cause analysis
- Good knowledge and experience of risk analysis
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence others (internal & external) and build effective relationships (internal & external)
- Leadership skills, proven track record of leading (which extends to those outside own remit), engaging, coaching, mentoring etc.
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Experience working in TPM environments preferred
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.