This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Digital Systems Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
• Support the site in its digitalisation journey by developing and executing the roadmap in areas such as MES, ERP, WCS as well as manufacturing intelligence, cyber security, digital systems, robotic control and smart robotics
• Provide input to operations and maintenance groups when developing machine and work standards (CIL's, OPL's, RCA's, improvement route projects, etc.), working with the T&D and CI teams to ensure best in class training materials are developed
• Provide training to technicians and operators, taking a proactive approach to coaching staff to use the digital systems effectively
• Integrate into daily site routines and problem-solving activities to support the elimination of losses that arise due to system related issues
• Create and maintain technical documentation of supported systems
• Be a key contributor to the development of global standards e.g. IACS, AGV’s etc and contributing to the IT/OT integration standards.
• Develop & execute the preventative maintenance plan on control and networking systems
• Provide guidance to develop the mid and long-term digitalization journey of the factory suggesting and implementing latest technologies available on the market and contributing to define the capabilities requirements linked to global roadmaps and vision
• Identify opportunities of process improvement applying the relevant technologies according IT / OT global architecture and policies
• Provide technical leadership into the design, installation, commissioning and validation phases of projects to ensure the systems integration with the current and future process design and application landscape
• Degree in electrical technology, electrical engineering, or electronics, Information Technology
• Similar role experience in manufacturing environment
• Ability to keep technical components and software up to technological and industry standards.
• Experience in machine safety, electrical safety and network security.
• Good understanding of IT technologies in the manufacturing environment
• Good undestarnding and ability to support MES,SAP,WCS core processes, functionalities and integration down to technical details (installations ,setup ,server maintenance etc) , ongoing trainings, configurations, 1st level support and escalation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Quality/process improvement capabilities.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° ...).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.