Quality Continuous Improvement Lead
The role is accountable for ensuring practical implementation and operational adherence to quality systems and food safety requirements as specified by the Quality governance team, including but not limited to HACCP, internal audits and inspections, Allergen PCS routines.
The role is the key point of contact for the operations team with respect to quality& food safety.
- Deputise as appropriate for the Quality Systems & Food Safety Lead
- Implement Quality and Food Safety systems and programs within operations as per the standards set by the quality governance team, including, Environmental Monitoring, MCS, glass control, Allergen Validations, Foreign Body controls.
- Co-ordinate the role out of Quality & Food Safety Training programs within Operations. Ensure that all Operational staff receive relevant training and achieve the minimum agreed understanding of the training and how it applies to their role within McCormick.
- Conduct daily Standard defect audits to ensure CTQ & CCP compliance to required standards as determined by the quality governance team. Conduct internal inspections and audits to ensure that operations comply with the required regulatory, customer, corporate and third-party accreditations.
- Primary point of escalation for Operations with regards to Quality and Food Safety non-conformances, CTQ and CCP deviations.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of data systems to ensure compliance to traceability standards and key performance indicators
- Routine analysis, trending, reporting of Quality & Food Safety RCA & CAPA to ensure appropriate handling, response, and resolution of Customer complaints and KPI deviations.
- Implementation of Quality & Food Safety control plans (as determined by quality governance team) for projects undertaken on the within Operations, including installations, modification of equipment, buildings and processes.
- Conduct routine reviews with the Factory Leadership Team
- Similar leadership role in a food manufacturing environment working within Quality Management Systems
- Practical knowledge and experience of: BRC, HACCP implementation, Allergen management
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors and Customers
- Ability to provide supervision, conduct competency assessments and deliver training
- Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Ability to interpret analytical and microbiological data
- Willing and capable to learn new skills
- Must be willing to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative action plans
- Practical experience in the application of HACCP, quality systems management, internal auditing, allergen management, RCA & CAPA management
- HACCP Level 3
- Practical knowledge of Major QSR, Snack and retailer quality & food safety requirements
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.