Hurrens has built a reputation as a Family business for over 45 years and is well established within the town, excellent Customer Service and a personable approach is a must and the candidate will be serving the public.
Hurrens is a busy catering and retail butchers, and we deliver to various parts of the South East, Very Early starts will be required and weekend work will be required.
The Butcher will be responsible for the following:
- work well in a team and be a team player,
- take the initiative, assume control and handle responsibility?
· Check deliveries of meat and inspecting carcasses to ensure they meet the high quality required
· Weighing, labelling, and pricing a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers
· Preparing meat into forms ready for cooking, including boning, tying, mincing, cutting and trimming
· Providing an excellent customer experience, including advice on selections and cuts of meat as appropriate to meet customer requirements
The ideal candidate will possess:
· An excellent customer service attitude, with the ability to maintain a friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable atmosphere.
· First class butchery skills and experience,
· The appropriate recognised qualifications of achievement for skills, food safety,
and high standards of hygiene with qualifications to back this up
· A proven track record of teamwork and personal success.
A generous salary and benefits, commensurate with experience, is available to the right candidate.
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food