To manage a team of specification technologists to ensure that all customer specifications, pack copies and artwork are accurately set up and relevant customer documentation is produced in line with critical path timescales and launch deadlines.
To support the Technical Systems & Compliance Manager in all elements of new and existing product development, ensuring a timely and efficient execution of all work instructions as reasonably requested, through practices and procedures. Manage the team’s workload, anticipating peaks and troughs and facilitating completion of work within the required deadlines. Develop the team to continually maintain skill base.
1. Ensure due diligence and take into consideration timescales, company procedures, legislation along with customer codes of practices.
2. Create and maintain the customer specification plan to ensure that all customer requirements are completed within agreed time frame
3. Set up, for approval, all external customer specifications or relevant technical information in accordance with customer specification requirements
4. Ensure compliance with updated customer technical policies, current labelling standards and include all regulatory changes that will impact back of pack information
5. Follow relevant process development procedures, ensuring these are documented correctly and are compliant with internal & customer standards
6. Reviewing raw material specification content to develop Gold Standard/ best in practice specifications for each raw material/category Validation of specifications and processes to identify synergies and scope for consolidation through a CI process
7.Work closely with raw material suppliers and internal teams to agree quality parameters of raw materials, which supports appropriate checks at intake in order to ensure compliance
8.Communication with all relevant internal departments and external parties to ensure that specification compliance is achieved within realistic timescales
9. Lead the Specification team to ensure that a lean enterprise culture is established and all employees are performing to their potential
10. Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
11. Ensure that all customer meeting are attended from both a compliance and due diligence aspect
12. The responsibility for managing the review of artwork to ensure that all pack information is accurate and also in line with the technical labelling policies.
13. Manage and develop the specification technologists, setting KPI’s and creating PDP’s