Our Client, a leading supplier of prepared foods is looking for an Interim Category Manager for their site based in Wiltshire. They are looking for someone with a real passion for food along with an excellent commercial acumen. Will also need the gravitas & personal impact to gain an immediate high level of credibility with both external & internal customers/colleagues with excellent stakeholder management playing a critical part in the success of the role.
The role will fall INSIDE IR35
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, key accountabilities for the role are to:
- Develop and deliver World Class category strategies to drive competitive advantage.
- Identify gaps in the market to deliver new and incremental growth opportunities through product development
- Manage the B2B roadmap/pipeline of NPD and quality improvements, working closely with the NPD team and leading the briefing of new products
- Become the category expert and first call for external & internal customers
- Align senior internal stakeholders on a unified vision and strategy for Category Management
- Represent your team in both internal & external high level meetings
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape across all B2B markets to feed into strategic direction
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to maximise the product range, performance, clarity of range & communications to our customers
- Drive cost efficiencies whilst improving product quality
- Be the ambassador of continuous improvement and innovation to deliver world class product ranges which create competitive advantage
- Oversee and develop Customer Tasting and Review Programme
- Develop competitive pricing strategies across our product ranges which are mutually beneficial maximising margin potentials to the business
- Support the business in related cross-functional projects
Required skills and experience include:
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Commercial management
- Category Management
- First rate presentation & influencing skills
- FMCG, preferably Food experience, ideally in Foodservice/Healthcare/Care Homes/Nursery Catering
- Strong numerical & analysis skills - ideally will need a clear understanding of pricing strategy and margin protection
- Project management
- Degree or equivalent
- Consumer Research and Insight knowledge
- Established family owned food manufacturer
- Well respected leader in their sector
- Producing delicious, nutritious and sustainable products
- Supporting British food and farming with a focus on using the best ethical and sustainably sourced ingredients
The role offers a competitive daily rate and is likely to be for 2-3 months. Start date ASAP. Please note the role will fall INSIDE IR35.
If you have experience in a Category Management experience within Food Manufacturing and would like to be considered for this assignment then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-C4546 with an updated CV, an indication of your current daily rate and your availability.