Main purpose of the role is to support the QA Manager to ensure that the business complies with all current legislation and customer requirements, maintain product specifications across the board and sees that all products prepared within the company meet these specifications - communicating with any parties necessary to achieve this.
- Manage the technical supplier and specification database to ensure all product specifications, relevant food safety documents such as HACCP, allergen statements, HALAL, supplier accreditation and supplier questionnaires are available, signed and in date.
- Assist with new supplier approval and ongoing supplier validation process.
- Create internal product specifications and complete customer product specifications.
- Take product pictures and load into the specification.
- Assist in checking artwork/label against specification details.
- Maintain specification and nutrition database and documentation.
- Technical knowledge and experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Organized and confident - with great initiative
- IT literate - for use of spreadsheets and databases
- Eager to learn and progress within quality setting