Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking for Technical Services Technologists to join their Technical Team. The successful candidates will generate and maintain finished product specifications for their diverse range of customers and work with colleagues and customers to respond to and address related queries.
- Responsible for finished product specifications, ensuring these are generated in approved formats for all customers including retailer-based specifications, to agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation.
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
- Ensuring timely review of all finished product specifications.
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers, ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a Food Science relevant discipline
- Experience in food manufacturing, ideally chilled
- Knowledge of food legislation and labelling would be an advantage
- Conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Strong IT skills / strong attention to detail. Experience can be during placement.
- Confident communicator – obtaining information from suppliers / internally
- Experience / understanding of providing support on 3rd party visits and audits
- Experience / understanding of writing technical specifications
- Knowledge of food legislation and labelling an advantage
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of non-retail customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
- Informal culture but totally focused approach
The salary for this role is up to £30,000, dependent upon experience, and working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday within office hours.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4535 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.