Production Manager, Wakefield
Competitive Salary, Bonus + Flexible Benefits (including Pension, Shares, Healthcare) + Car Parking
What you become part of:
Wakefield Operations is the largest plant in CCEP and the biggest soft drink plant in Europe which produces over 50% of GB’s volume across their soon to be 8 manufacturing, 2 preform and 1 repack lines. The site can produce 420,000 cans per hour and 116,000 bottles per hour. There are over 300 employees across Manufacturing, QESH and Engineering, experience here can lead to excellent career opportunities both in Wakefield and further afield across other GB sites and Pan-European locations.
What to expect:
Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, you will lead a team of shift managers across multiple manufacturing disciplines to ensure the successful operation of the site. Your key priority will be ensuring that we meet our customers’ expectations by producing Coca-Cola’s world class brand through effective execution. You will be responsible for high speed & world class efficiency manufacturing lines. Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver high standards of GMP (Good Manufacturing practices), in line with the Coca-Cola Operating Requirements (KORE)
- Manage the sites labour budget by operating to the core manning levels at all times and reducing cost wherever possible
- Collaborate with QESH to deliver and improve the site’s Quality, Environment, Health and Safety standards
- Execution of the legal requirements for product safety, quality, environment and people are met and improved
- Grow, develop and engage your team via our performance management processes including developing a pipeline of talent for the future
- Full accountability for delivering line utilisation targets and production schedules
- Having the commercial understanding to create and control the budget and ensure all available resources are utilized
- Control, reduce and improve line wastage, raw materials and syrup usage
- Improve and embed operational excellence through effective site routines, with a huge focus on data driven decisions
- Effectively execute the maintenance plan and control all planned and unplanned events to optimise line performance and production cost through shift management teams
- Create a culture of safety by guiding and leading safe working practices
- Lead by example demonstrating and applying Continuous Improvement behaviour at all times
Skills & Essentials:
- Proven operational management ability
- The passion and ability to coach people is key, combined with the motivation to train and develop
- Ability to make critical decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and hunger to succeed
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks using initiative
- Demonstrate analytical thinking
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP is advantageous but not essential
We value a diverse workforce and welcome you to apply regardless of gender, age or ethnicity.
We offer you an international workplace with a focus on sustainability throughout our business. Personal development through training, salaries according to market range, pension and of course the possibility to drink as much as you like of our beverages when working.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
You may join for the brand but you stay for the people!