Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing and we’re looking for a passionate and motivated Food Technologist to join our Technical team, based at Daylesford Farm nr. Kingham (GL56)
Full-time position, 40 hours per week, Mon – Fri, Salary up to £28,000 pa. depending on experience.
About the role
As our Food Technologist, you will oversee the technical function for our 5 retail stores in London and the Cotswolds as well as the day-to-day monitoring of our Production kitchens in Kingham. Through meticulous attention to detail, you’ll ensure the safe preparation of ingredients and production of finished products in accordance with food safety legislation and our internal standards. You will also monitor quality assurance and HACCP compliance. Alongside our Technical Manager, you’ll engage regularly with Store and Unit Managers to ensure our food offering is safe and compliant.
- Completing retail internal inspections and allergen audits, providing a report to each Store Manager
- Management of lab sampling plan, calibration schedule and internal verification
- Manage supplier and raw material specification database and ensure up to date at all times
- Improving quality control of our products before they leave our Production kitchens
- Complaint and micro. trend analysis
- Internal training of Operations teams
- Monitor pest control and chemical non-compliances for effective closeout
- Providing administrative support for the Technical team
We are looking for a Food Technologist with a minimum of 3 years within technical or quality function in the food industry, ideally with an understanding of organic food production and associated guidelines. Coupled with your experience will be a real passion and focus on the continuous improvement of systems and processes. You’ll also possess
- A relevant Food Science degree
- Auditing qualification and experience of carrying out food safety inspections
- Intermediate HACCP Certificate and Level 3 Food Safety Certificate
- Experience in working with BRCGS in a chilled food/high-risk environment (desirable)
- Good knowledge & interpretation of microbiological standards
- The ability to "think on your feet" and work on your own initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interpreting EU and UK laws to ensure that products are safe, legal and of great quality
- Data analysis and process development skills, not dependent on “big company” systems to plan and manage your capacity and workload.
- First-class communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.