Job ref: 62916 | up to £28,000 | Essex
We are looking for a talented individual to work for an innovative, high-quality food manufacturer that supplies to various major retailers throughout the UK.
Your role as Specifications Technologist is to manage raw material, product, packaging, and artwork information ensuring they meet customer requirements plus safety, quality, and legislative requirements.
- Provide technical support to the NPD process
- Ensure raw material specifications including packaging are accurate, up to date and approved prior to new product launches.
- Generate finished product specifications and labelling for all products.
- Ensure products are legal and meet customer standards, agreed timescales, and launch deadlines.
- Maintain the product information database.
- Completion of technical information (food safety, allergens, ingredient declarations, etc.) as requested by customers.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science/technology discipline
- Experience working in a technical role including specifications writing within food & beverage manufacturing.
- Experience using UK retailer specifications systems desirable.
- Understanding of technical systems including HACCP, supplier management, BRC and retailer standards/audits and codes of practice.
- High attention to detail, excellent communication skills and strong organisational ability.
- UK valid driving licence desirable
The Specifications Technologist job is based in the Essex region and is paying up to £28,000 according to individual skills and previous experience. The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs | Essex