W&H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run flour miller established in 1824, producing award-winning speciality and organic flours for bakeries, manufacturers, and home bakers.
We are looking for an experienced Production Controller to join the team at our BRC accredited Chelmsford city centre site.
Reporting to the Flour Mill Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the correct levels of stock, the availability of product and the quality of incoming goods.
The hours of work are 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and one Saturday morning each month for stock taking.
- Using Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) software to plan and order raw materials, packaging, and ingredients for the mills, as well as maintaining raw material and product stocks for onsite and outside stores.
- Forward planning and scheduling production orders for packing lines and the flour mill.
- Creating and presenting stock reports and inputting into the annual usage forecast and production budget.
- Maintaining good relationships when liaising with suppliers, merchants and farmers on orders and delivery arrangements.
- Liaising with internal departments regarding wheat bought, stock levels and requirements, details of incoming and outgoing shipments and on packaging design projects.
- Liaising with external stores and trade customers on goods in/out, stocks and general trouble shooting.
- Liaising with external transport and contracted delivery / collection services and problem-solving issues.
- Working closely with the sales team regarding forward sales forecasts, including promotions, and highlighting any anticipated shortages or supplier constraints.
- Carrying out monthly stock counts on Saturdays, in conjunction with colleagues.
- Helping with tanker loading and shunting as necessary, providing occasional supervisory cover for colleagues in the event of absence.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Stock management and purchasing / production planning experience, preferably within food manufacturing or FMCG
- Strong IT skills – including MRP / stock management systems and Excel
- High attention to detail, good organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Positive attitude, works well under pressure and good multi-tasker
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Full clean driving licence
- Educated to A level minimum
Desired skills and experience:
- Microsoft AX
- Supervisory experience
In return we are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on-site parking, pension of 5.5% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution (after 3 months service) and life assurance.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.