This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Automated Warehouse Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Monitor and control the overall warehouse function across all shifts, ensuring compliance with the production plan. Deliver product in a timely fashion to costed standard within agreed quality parameters and in a safe working environment; ensuring that all SLA's are achieved
- Achieve agreed targets and tasks through effective team management and involvement. Implement and maintain the company SOPs
- Set daily & weekly targets. Adopt an hands on approach in managing the warehouse, support other functions (Palletiser) and yard to achieve daily goals and targets
- Ensure all staff are fully trained in the SSOW / Risk assessments / SOPs. Keep and monitor individual training records. Identify and Implement training to address any shortfalls in skills
- Ensure warehouse areas are adequately manned, maximising throughput but working to strict KPIs to achieve the site's P&L results. Drive best business practice and processes that directly impact on profitability and quality. Ensure data is gathered to capture performance results on a daily basis
- Organise ‘call-offs’ of contracted material from suppliers in line with production requirements.
- Ensure that all raw & packaging material and finished goods are stored where appropriate at the correct temperature and the proper stock rotation is carried out through the management of the automated systems on site
- Ensure all systems transactions are actioned within the Company’s time frames with precision and accuracy
- Maintain Company operating procedures and work with the Quality Assurance team, completing appropriate QA documentation ensuring product quality and standards
- Experience with operating in an automated warehouse / DC environment and Supply Chain
- People management experience
- Experience with working in TPM environments preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistic, Manufacturing or other related field highly preferable
- Knowledge of an ERP systems (SAP preferred), manufacturing methods and related equipment
- Confident in working in a multi temperature environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Numerate with the ability to analyse and present statistical data
- Exposure to/understanding/knowledge of Total Quality Management /5S/ Six Sigma or Lean Principles
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.