This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Plan and execute cycle-counts to ensure frequent and accurate reconciliation of inventory across all warehouse and limited production areas
- Investigate, establish, and report on the root cause of inventory discrepancies to support the business functions in their understanding of the correct and timely use of transactions
- Carry out internal audits of inventory practices at operational level to attain continuous improvement in inventory accuracy and materials control
- Use appropriate IT systems produce ad hoc reports to support the business functions and allow KPIs to be monitored
- Analyse high risk transactions, reporting on root cause, to ensure corrective action/preventative measures can be implemented
- Monitor and report on inventory shelf life to minimise stock write-off
- Complete stock adjustments in line with authorization policies and protocols
- Use extensive knowledge of Systems to support Peterborough in all areas of materials movement/usage to ensure correct and timely use of System transactions
- Complete root cause analysis on racking and movement anomalies (empty space checks, pick bins, system transactions, operational errors) and complete trend analysis reports
- Min. A Level or three-year experience in a similar role
- Working experience in an Operations or Supply Chain role
- Confident in working at height and in a multi temperature environment
- Competent in using IT systems with good Excel skills, able to compile reports and analyse data
- Previous Experience with working in an automated warehouse environment
- Previous experience with working with SAP, able to learn new computer systems and tools
- Understanding of inventory control and cycle counting and their place within the business
- Inquisitive mind with methodical investigation skills, able to identify and solve problems effectively
- Able to work effectively on own initiative
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player, experienced in working with a wide range of people at different levels
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.