Senior Procurement/Purchasing Manager – Food & Drink
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Senior Procurement/Purchasing Manager
Salary: £75k - £85K + benefits
- We’re looking for a graduate calibre Procurement Manager, preferably MCIPS qualified and being from a Food/Drink/Ingredients/Foodservice or Food retail background is essential.
- You’ll have a strong track record as a Procurement Manager, managing a multi-million pound spend along with superb commercial awareness.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationships of commodity markets.
- You must be driven and ambitious as there are fantastic career opportunities available for successful individuals.
- You’ll have a passion for what you do and always deliver to the very highest standards. You work with openness, honesty, and integrity.
- You need a demonstrated track record of strong negotiating performance and high level analytical problem solving business skills.
- You will report to the Head of Supply Chain and Procurement and as a key member of the team you will strive to deliver the business’s growth strategy and the goals in support of the development of world class performance and facilities.
- As Senior Procurement Manager you will implement purchasing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage across all suppliers.
- Additional engagement with European partners and supply chain leads to focus on regional/local spend items leveraging cost improvement and efficiency savings for European partners including supply to the UK.
- You will continually investigate and recommend new and comparable materials, techniques, etc. that may increase the Company’s systems profitability, productivity and effectiveness.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and commodity information is an essential part of this role.
- You will work and liaise closely with Marketing/Finance and Commercial teams to prioritise needs and ensure full operational understanding.
To apply for this exciting opportunity with this leading business , please send a copy of your CV quoting ref EH/SPMB to Emma Hanson or call Emma on 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.