Background to the Role
HPS provides process equipment and controls to liquid processing companies in many industries, including food and beverage, paint and coatings, cosmetics, personal care, household products and others.
We specialise in providing liquid product recovery (‘pigging’) solutions. These systems help our clients increase their profits while reducing their environmental impact.
We’re a growing organisation which offers a positive, engaging and supportive team environment.
We employ only the best people to deliver the very best solutions, customer service and support.
Because we are experiencing high growth, we need a talented and customer-focused individual for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer.
The purpose of the role is to work within the design team to produce project and system drawings, maintain and increase the efficiency of our standard parts library and produce bill of materials and manufacturing drawings.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design of pipework, process equipment and pigging solutions. The designs will need be fully compliant with client specifications, established through working with the HPS project engineering team, plant P&ID’s and a design specification.
- Designs should be constructed so that they can be implemented in a safe manner and environmentally acceptable, considering any maintenance and installation requirements. British Standards and Mechanical Regulations should be followed where applicable. Supporting calculations may be required in some instances.
- Production of technical documentation such as Equipment Manuals, Bills of Materials, and Installation Guides. This will also include part number management within our ERP system.
- Attendance of site meetings in both the UK and abroad when necessary.
- Providing technical support to tendering and site staff.
- Ensuring that internal and client deadlines are met on-time and to a high standard.
- Identifying improvement opportunities in the department, such as process and procedures, agreeing these with the Design Engineering Supervisor, and implementing agreed changes.
- Pro-actively, clearly and effectively communicating with your supervisor and other colleagues.
- Consistently satisfying and exceeding customer expectations, upholding our brand values while maintaining and building our excellent reputation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
While we’ll give you full training on our products, services and processes, we’ll expect you to have:
- Experience in an industrial liquid processing environment, such as food (e.g. sauces, ready meals, soups etc), beverages, paints, coatings. cosmetics, personal care, household products, pet food manufacture and so on. This is ESSENTIAL.
- A knowledge of process equipment and the fluid transfer process, ideally in a hygienic/sanitary environment.
- An understanding or experience of liquid product recovery (pigging) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of valves, process instrumentation and process P&IDs, as well as pipework and the support structures associated with them.
- Experience of using 3D CAD software, ideally SolidWorks or similar.
- Experience of dealing directly with customers and providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You'll be able to interact and engage clearly and confidently at all levels of a business.
- Good IT knowledge, particularly Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Along with your experience, you’ll be:
- Able to demonstrate strong customer-focus, ability to use initiative and solve problems, and delivering results.
- Able to efficiently and effectively prioritise tasks, organise workload, follow internal processes and meet deadlines.
Plus, you’ll enjoy working collaboratively within a team environment as well as working independently.
To apply for this role, please email a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about HPS, visit www.HPS-Pigging.com