A newly created role for a Junior Buyer has become available at a fantastic brand which is known UK wide and is in homes up and down the country.
Our client is looking for someone who has energy, enthusiasm and drive to make a positive difference to their company undertaking exciting changes in the industry. This role will support the efficient and effective functioning of a busy Purchasing team with the opportunity to have responsibility for their own spend areas. A background in FMCG is highly desirable and a willingness to learn and drive the role forward are key to this position.
• Responsibility for the effective Purchasing of low end spend areas
• Raise and Control Purchase orders for indirect areas in a timely manner
• Work with other stakeholder departments especially Technical and Marketing
• Coordinate packaging and raw material trials with stakeholder
• KPI champion for department – including reports for Purchasing Department
• Manage the Non-Conformance process
• Generate and Maintain department and category specific reports
• Data capture for Category Management
• Report and create statistical analysis for Purchasing department
• Support the team on projects and tender processes
• Maintain data on the MRP system
• Provide excellent customer service to suppliers & stakeholders, resolving enquiries in a helpful & efficient manner
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
• Good analytical, logical & numerical ability
• Must use their own initiative and able to prioritise own workload
• Customer service experience
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Purchasing Experience
• Experience of using MRP systems
Ref Code: FMW39839
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Jon Hemming-Nash to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.