At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world. Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
Whitbread PLC is the owner of the UK's favourite hotel chain Premier Inn, as well as restaurant brands, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table , Bar +Block and Cookhouse and Pub. Premier Inn Hotels and Restaurants across the UK and Germany serve over 5 million customers a week
NSF International have worked with Whitbread for over 20 years providing the implanted technical team to deliver the technical expertise to support the business. As a global leader in food quality technical standards development, testing, auditing, and training, we are ideal partners to support Whitbread’s on-going development and your role will be to lead this team – so come and join us!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the UK’s favourite hotel chain? Being an integral member of our forward-thinking technical team where product safety and quality are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a Whitbread Technical Manager who will work as an ambassador for NSF and Whitbread as the guardian of the brand integrity for your area. You will be a key member in delivering the new products of the right quality and safety.
• Deliver a schedule of supplier audits are closed off and supplier standards are driven forward in a wide range of product categories.
• Maintain active and accurate product specifications.
• Support and manage incidents related to food safety, legality and quality including decision making, investigation and follow up of actions in your categories.
• Key technical contact for working closely on your categories with the client procurement and development teams.
• Ensure all new products and product improvements are launched on time from technically capable suppliers.
• Responsible in conjunction with Whitbread and the wider technical team for technical policy review and development.
• Actively monitor supplier and product performance through complaints monitoring and a structured testing program and ensure close out of any non -conformances.
• Ensure the contract KPI’s are achieved
The Benefits Package
• £Competitive Salary
• Private healthcare
• Company bonus scheme
• Company car or cash alternative
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days annual holiday
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Apply now, or call for an informal chat. This is a great time to be joining NSF/Whitbread and we look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking a person who is confident, dynamic, driven, and dedicated, with a passion for food, quality, and safety with the following experience/knowledge/skills/abilities:
• A degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology, or a related subject with HACCP and Lead Auditor qualifications
• Possess +5 years of experience in the retail/manufacturing industry with experience in a range of product categories
• The ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of food legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
• Strong communication skills, with experience of liaising with customers, suppliers, and colleagues at all levels
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
• A valid driver license and ability to maintain a valid current passport with capacity to travel
• Demonstrate a positive and committed attitude and a team player
• Support a culture of continuous improvement & embrace change
• Accepting of responsibility
You will be home based with the need to visit suppliers in the UK and abroad and travel to the Whitbread to the offices in Dunstable.