Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturing business. They have multiple sites across the UK and are enjoying a period of sustained growth and they're seeking a Manufacturing Director to lead a complex operation footprint with thousands of employees.
The Manufacturing Director will be a pivotal leadership role within the organisation, ensuring the business is delivering across a wide range of metrics including safety, quality and cost. The responsibilities are broad and varied and include:
- Developing and communicating the vision for the manufacturing function, converting this in to a tactical plan with clear accountable deliverables owned by relevant stakeholders.
- As part of the senior leadership team, support the growth of the business and ensure it achieves its short, medium and long term objectives.
- Build an exceptional team of manufacturing professionals ensuring that the skills, competencies, and behaviours are aligned to the business agenda and provide opportunities for succession planning.
- Champion the adoption of best practices, including supporting, encouraging and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and delivering best-in-class levels of performance.
- Ensure the factories deliver the expected levels of performance and identify opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and output through further organisational improvements and capital investment.
- Identify opportunities for improvement around quality and safety, ensuring the business is recognised internally and externally for it’s commitment to people and the environment.
- Work with the commercial team to deliver new product development quickly and efficiently whilst continually evaluating the manufacturing capabilities and the requirement to invest in new capital equipment.
- Support the senior leadership team in longer term strategic initiatives around acquisitions and integrations.
The successful individual will need to have led large-scale operational roles in FMCG environments. They will have a driven, focussed, energetic leadership style with the intellectual gravitas to work in a complex business and the EQ to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
Longer term career prospects exist for someone with the potential and capability.