Role: Technical Manager
Location: Head Office in Aldridge, West Midlands.
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday; Full-Time.
As the Technical Manager you will be reporting to the Directors of the business, and you will develop and lead a culture of quality and food safety across the business so that these become integrated as natural ways of working. You will implement and monitor the Company Quality System ensuring that they satisfy all relevant UK/EU food processing regulations and the BRC Global Technical Standard.
To successfully develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with external authorities, supplier and customer technical and quality personnel ensuring their specific requirements are always met to sustain credible and productive relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the HACCP team and ensure that HACCP principles have been implemented, reviewed, and documented in accordance with BRC standard.
- To effectively manage the supplier approval process and raw material risk assessment, ensuring relevant controls are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of our food safety quality management systems, including HACCP, operate in accordance with the business, customer, BRC and other external standards requirements, so that we remain fully compliant.
- Be the lead for the technical function during customer audits and technical visits.
- Responsible for all internal and external site audits, ensuring a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements of BRC, and our customers to maintain the highest standards and are always audit-ready.
- Lead site compliance to certification requirements and customer codes of practice.
- Facilitate and communicate non-conformances, including investigation and resolution to department managers.
- Design, amend and issue, controlled Quality System procedures, forms, work instructions and specifications (raw material and finished product), as necessary.
- Develop, coach, and monitor the performance of team members
- Explore innovative ways of driving improved performance and motivating the team.
- You will be ideally educated to a degree level in food science, food technology, or food safety-related discipline for this role.
- You will have a proven and demonstrable experience as a Technical Manager within a food manufacturing environment.
- HACCP and Food Safety Level 4.
- Proven experience of leading BRC audits on-site.
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring a team.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.