Our client, a privately owned, innovative Food Manufacturer, is looking for a Specifications Technologist to join their team in Oxfordshire. Reporting to the Head of Technical, you will ensure the legal and policy compliance of all branded and own label finished products, as well as providing Technical support for new and existing product launches.
- Complete own label product specifications on customer’s web-based systems and support the integration of branded products on these systems where required.
- Ensure full compliance and accuracy, and sign-off technical and legal elements of pack designs
- Check and approve technical and legally required information on packs for own label & branded products.
- Ensure the recipe and product specification data base is accurate and up to date.
- Generate accurate technical pack information, ingredients, declaration, nutrition information, allergen warnings from recipe and specification details for own label and branded products.
- Support the Sales and Commercial team to ensure they have accurate information for tender documents and Customer Technical queries.
- Support all activities relating to HACCP and internal audit programmes, with particular attention to any chain of custody programmes such as RSPO.
- Deputise in the absence of the QA Manager for specification and supplier review for NPD, maintaining supplier portals, barcodes VIS, QAS and BOM’s.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have :
- Knowledge of Food Legislation and Retailer Policies
- Experience in Food Manufacturing Legislation
- Detailed knowledge of Technical Legislation and Retailer IT Systems
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Time management and ability to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Computer Literate
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Privately-owned business with a dynamic growth agenda
- Work in partnership with some of the World’s best producers and manufactures
- Consumer and customer focused partnership business
If you are an experienced Specifications Technologist who loves working with dynamic food brands, then this could be the role for you.
Typical working hours for the role are Monday to Friday, a 37.5 hour week generally working office hours.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4552 with an updated CV.