Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the Major Retailers, is looking for a Factory Technical Manager to work on their site based in London / Kent. Reporting to the Head of Technical, the successful candidate will provide leadership and management of the technical department in order to contribute to the smooth operation of the business objectives and targets in accordance with quality, BRC and safety standards
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- To effectively manage QA team members in a proactive manner on a daily basis.
- Drive consistency of QA approach across shifts and actively encourage a positive, yet challenging, working relationship with the operations, hygiene and engineering teams
- To act as part of the technical management team with specific responsibilities, being the first point of contact for escalation of both internal and externally raised issues, ensuring that the factory produces food that meets legislative, safety and quality standards.
- To contribute to the site’s technical KPI’s relating to the factory.
- To lead and coordinate second/ third party visits and/or audits from a factory perspective, ensuring relevant corrective and preventative actions are put in place within the required timescales.
- Alongside the Technical Services & Compliance Manager, develop and maintain a robust Quality System that meets legal requirements and complies with customer Codes of Practice and Guidelines. Act as a key member of the site’s internal audit programme, driving improvements and compliance.
- Lead the site HACCP team, ensuring food safety hazards are appropriately considered with robust control measures implemented. Ensure reviews are conducted to keep the HACCP system ‘live’ and relevant in line with NPD/ EPD, factory or equipment changes etc.
- Liaise with the NPD and Process team during product development & factory trials. Analyse and approve microbial product shelf life, making suggestions to improve shelf life as required
Essential skills and experience include:
- Formal qualification to HND standard or above in Food Technology or related discipline
- Experience in chilled prepared food manufacturing environment
- Experience of dealing with major retailers
- Understanding of food legislation, particularly legal labelling
- Understanding of retail COP’s relating to labelling standards and critical path (to launch) management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in a retail customer facing role
- Effective level of PC literacy
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm and the salary is up to £55k dependent upon experience. BUPA access after 3 months with 32 days total holiday entitlement.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4545 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.