Our Client, a leading supplier of prepared foods, is looking for a Development Technologist and a Process Development Technologist to work with their Product Development team on 6 month fixed-term contracts. The roles will involve supporting the delivery of food improvement and innovation projects and will also ensure the successful transition of new and improved food products from the kitchen, through the production trials and scale up process, and on to full scale production and launch.
Key accountabilities for the Development role are:
- Provide product development support on multiple projects delivering food quality improvements
- Support the Product Development team at various stages of the development process from concept to launch
- Conduct factory trials ensuring all results and outcomes are fully documented
- Ensure all project documentation is accurate and communicated effectively
- Work collaboratively with teams across the business to ensure the effective introduction of new and improved products
- Manage assigned development projects to meet agreed objectives and expectations taking into consideration quality, cost and nutrition
Key accountabilities for the Process Development role are:
- Plan, organise and manage factory trials ensuring all results and outcomes are fully documented and evidenced.
- Proactively identify and deliver solutions to processing challenges identified through the trials and scale up process.
- Provide guidance, training and advice to support the introduction and manufacture of new and improved products.
- Proactively develop product and process solutions to support continuous food improvement.
- Ensure all project documentation is accurate and communicated effectively.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the business to ensure the effective introduction and transition of recipes from existing processes to new.
- Manage process development projects to meet agreed objectives and expectations.
- Provide process development support on multiple projects delivering food quality improvements.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering food improvements
- Good understanding of the food product development process
- Experience of working with cross functional teams to achieve demonstrably successful project outcomes
- Excellent 'hands-on' track record within product development or food manufacturing
- Ideally Experience with frozen or chilled food manufacturing
- Established family owned food manufacturer
- Well respected leader in their sector
- Producing delicious, nutritious and sustainable products
- Supporting British food and farming with a focus on using the best ethical and sustainably sourced ingredients
The roles offer a competitive pr-rata salary and the working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, office hours, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. These are 6 month Fixed Term contracts starting ASAP
If you have experience in an NPD or Process Development Technologist role within Food Manufacturing and are interested in applying for either position please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-T4553 (NPD) or JJ-T4554 (Process Development) with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.