This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced NPD Manager to join a global food business developing new and exciting chilled food products.
If you are an experienced Product Development Manager who has developed chilled food products for the major retailers and lives in the East Midlands please get in contact.
This role would be commutable from Birmingham, Leicester, Peterborough, Coventry, Northampton, and Milton Keynes to name but a few.
My client is also able to offer flexible working so once you have got to grips with the business and process your working week can be a mix of home working and working in the head office.
My client develops chilled food products for the major retailers in the UK and also customers in Europe they have a global footprint and employ nearly 5,000 people globally.
Due to the current Development Manager taking a change in career my client is in urgent need of an experienced developer who can hit the ground running from day one.
You will report in the Commercial Director and have one Product Developer to manage.
1. Direct responsibility for delivering new product development for the selected retailers
a. Accountable for on time development & launch
b. Cost concepts accurately to achieve margin enhancing ranges
c. Make strategic recommendations for product and packaging
d. Keep abreast of competitor developments and launches
e. Arrange samples for relevant retailer meetings
f. Build & maintain strong relationships with retailer teams
2. Point of contact for all sites with regards to product queries regarding the retailers they are responsible for
3. Line management for Product Developer
4. Manage internal stakeholders throughout the development process
a. Working effectively with every department and production site throughout the development process
b. Acting as the voice of the consumer and customer within the business
5. Awareness of food and consumer trends across both the EU and a global basis
a. The ability to communicate developments and trends to the wider business
b. Champion the innovation development of the business
Must haves - 5 years experience or equivalent
1. Development experience with major UK / EU Retailers
a. Especially Waitrose & M&S
a. Fluent Business English
b. French, Italian & / or German would be of advantage
3. Strong project management skills
a. Demonstrable experience in running multi-site product development
4. Financial Skills
a. It is key that the applicant has a good grasp of financial information and the ability to input to complex costings
5. Microsoft software experience
a. Ability to work with Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in particular
b. Advanced Excel skills will be highly desirable
6. Able to communicate very effectively across countries and time zones
a. A key attribute will be to work effectively across multiple cultures, working with many who have English as a second language
7. Comfortable when presenting to groups large and small
8. Presentation skills that can effortlessly switch between informal and highly formal settings.
If you are available and interested in the role then apply today.