Are you willing to relocate for a great opportunity?
I have been given the task exclusively to find a Technical Manager for a company going through a process of change.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hungry technical manager that is looking to progress and make some real changes.
If you are a:
🐺Technical Manager that is willing to relocate
🐺Up for a challenge and wants to progress
🐺Has major retailer experience
🐺Has chilled high care experience (preferably meat)
Purpose and objectives of role:
To assist in the strategic management of food safety, quality assurance, environmental and supply chain integrity across site. To provide support and offer guidance to ensure that suppliers and operations meet customer technical specifications and follow standards that provide robust due diligence at all times. Play a leading role in the development of technical standards for the company whilst developing and managing the technical team to ensure that they are able to fulfil their roles and are able to progress through the business as their capabilities allow. Investigate Health and safety matters and provide reports as required.
More about the role:
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with customer, whether on or off site. It is critical that confidence is established through clear and timely communication, decisive actions based on sound evidence and judgement and a positive attitude to resolving any issues which may arise.
- To ensure technical and hygiene activities on site are robustly structured and managed in such a way as to comply with relevant industry standards (including BRC Global Standard v8), corporate guidelines and all associated retailer codes of practice.
- To ensure that departmental expenditure is regularly reviewed and managed, with exceptions reported to next level management with robust action plans to address.
- To ensure new product development programmes run to agreed timescales and generate appropriate costing information. Critical path management for product approval, artwork, technical verification (nutritional/micro) and verification of key brand values.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- Work closely with other members of company SMT to achieve company objectives.
- Develop and maintain an effective QMS that encompasses all aspects of food safety and quality.
- Always take a proactive approach to food safety and quality.
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the HACCP plan.
- Maintain and improve BRC accreditation status.
- Maintain and improve Retailer Audits.
- Conduct technical visits.
- Full technical and quality assurance guidance and support
- Manage the supplier approval and performance monitoring process, including conducting audits if required.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all technical areas.
- Manage, lead and inspire the technical team.
- Represent the Company on all technical matters.
- Manage Internal Audit System
- Oversee the micro scheduling.
- Undertake and report on the result interpretation in a timely manner.
- Legionella control manager
- Acrylamide manager
- Oversee and control the allergen management programme.
- Establish and monitor cleaning systems to ensure site hygiene standards are satisfactory.
- To present technical information and any trending information at management meetings as identified.
- Provide SMT reports as directed.
- Carry out all reasonable management requests.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
- Ideally degree educated, Food Science/Technology or Microbiology qualification preferred.
- Proven experience at a similar level in food manufacturing, ideally chilled high-risk foods
- Experience of driving cultural change and dealing with a complex high volume factory.
- Would suit an existing Technical Manager looking for the next step-up.
- Man-management experience.
- Process/Product Development experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills will be essential as daily dialogue will need to be maintained.
- Computer literate
- Good working knowledge of BRC Global Standard (ideally version 8)
This Job Description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business and role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the Company need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed in this job description.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Technical Manager job send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.