It is our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That is why, like our recipes, if you have the right ingredients, we will invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To support the continued growth of our business, our Maintenance Engineering teams are now looking for multiple Shift Engineers to join them on a permanent basis. These are full-time, 42.5 hours per week roles and we have opportunities based at both our manufacturing and distribution sites in Huntingdon and St Neots, respectively.
As a Shift Engineer, you will have the task of delivering key engineering services and maintaining our equipment to ensure the highest levels of operational performance, legality and compliance. You will join one of our fantastic teams of existing engineers, working closely alongside our production team as well as with external contractors, to deliver world class levels of quality and service in lean manufacturing.
SHOW US HOW ITS DONE
- Deliver planned, proactive and reactive engineering and maintenance services that ensure operational reliability and compliance
- Make certain that excellent GMP standards are established, maintained and developed whilst ensuring food safety is always a priority in all works carried out and any potential issues are immediately addressed
- Actively contribute to the culture of continuous improvement within the engineering team and adopt lean processes to deliver optimal return on investment
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental requirements across the business, in-line with health & safety policy and procedures
- Build strong and meaningful relationships with colleagues both interdepartmentally and cross functionally
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all work carried out. This will include correct and detailed information on handover between shifts
- Champion a safe working culture and ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and safe systems of work
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- A time served apprenticeship or engineering degree in conjunction with relevant industry experience, preferably with an electrical bias
- Previous experience working as an engineer within an FMCG/Food Manufacturing/Pharmaceutical environment
- Concise & effective communication both verbally and written with a strong emphasis on the ability to work well in a team
- Experience in delivering improvement through KPI’s (Cost, Efficiency & Plan attainment)
- An excellent awareness of Health & Safety
- A confident IT user, specifically on Microsoft Word & Excel
- Efficient and well-organised with good administration, planning and organisation skills and ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.
At Hotel Chocolat, we treat each other with respect, equality and grace. Our mantra? Be brave. Be kind.
This People Pledge is underpinned by our values of Originality, Authenticity and Ethics.
We encourage new ideas and fresh thinking and for each of you to bring your ORIGINALITY to work.
We want you to be your AUTHENTIC self – and feel comfortable to share your differences, and what makes you unique.
Our commitment to being an ETHICAL business means we have a deep sense of fairness when it comes to the way we treat one another.
This applies during our recruitment process too. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who positively celebrates a diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us, bringing their individuality to help us reach our ambitious growth plans. We believe this is critically important to help us create a place to work where everyone feels like they belong, can be themselves and where all of our differences are celebrated.