Led by our Technical Systems Supervisor, you will ensure quality plans and procedures are adhered to, compliance is demonstrated at all times and be responsible for updating IML’s quality management system. You will provide support to the wider Technical Team to achieve departmental and site Key Performance Indicators (KPISs) and drive continuous improvements.
- Delivering, operating and maintaining all activities required to ensure food safety, quality, legality and integrity throughout all site production, storage and packaging operations.
- Conduct goods in inspections on all raw materials against the agreed specification and the agreed schedule.
- All goods in inspection results to be logged on the internal NAV system.
- Out of specification raw material / packaging to be identified and escalated.
- Manage the supplier non-conformance system.
- Work actively with the Warehouse team to manage any raw material life extension requests.
- Contact suppliers to discuss issues.
- Submit raw materials for lab sampling as required.
- Participate in external audits/visits, demonstrating systems and records.
- Support with investigations relating to customer/consumer complaints or other product defects in a specific manufacturing area.
- Supporting and coaching all colleagues across IML in best practice for food safety, quality, legality and integrity.
- Support and carry out any other reasonable requests as requested by the Technical Management Team.
Education and Experience
• Food Safety level 3 (Desirable)
• HACCP – level 2 (Desirable)
Experience and associated level
• Food handling and manufacturing experience (Desirable)
• Experience within a similar quality assurance role (Desirable)
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills whilst demonstrating initiative
• Detailed-focus with a high level of accuracy
• IT proficient – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Analytical and methodical in solving problems