This highly respected organisation are seeking a Factory Technical Manager to bring fresh energy to their Technical team. To drive continuous improvement from a Quality perspective. You will lead the Food Safety Culture across the site.
Please read the advert carefully and only apply if you have all the necessary experience and qualifications
- upto £55,000 depending on experience
- To work alongside fellow Senior Team Members to drive the Business Objectives and Site Profitability
- Management and co-ordination of both the Technical and Night Hygiene function on across site
- To maintain and evaluate QMS in line with Company Policy, Customer and legislative requirements.
- To ensure that all auditing and controls required by legislation, enforcement agencies, customers are incorporated into the QMS, are implemented and maintained.
- To monitor quality standards, seeking continuous improvements to standards achieved, ensuring full compliance with customer specifications.
- To ensure that the required standards of plant and environmental hygiene are achieved, as determined by documented HACCP.
- To ensure that all relevant technical legislation, company protocols and Customer Policies are communicated effectively throughout the business, and that systems are put in place to monitor and review compliance.
- To promote best practice in good manufacturing practices, hygiene procedures, due diligence and other food safety systems.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, and ensure that all requests are responded to appropriately and in the correct timescales.
- To constantly seek improvements in our process technology, and to provide support and advice to production departments in improving/problem solving process issues.
- To proactively measure and improve quality technical standards of products, processes and facilities.
- To provide support and advice to production and engineering departments for corrective actions.
- To identify areas of site food safety risks (product, equipment, process, environmental and welfare) and implementing systems and procedures to eliminate/reduce hazards.
- To ensure that all departmental expenditure is kept within agreed targets, and appropriate control systems are in place and adhered to. To benchmark against best practice.
- To ensure training and development needs are identified, and that appropriate systems are in place to monitor performance for all employees within the department.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- To actively and effectively manage and promote a safety culture within the site ensuring all health and safety requirements are met, regularly reviewed and actions plans developed and implemented.
- To participate in the decision making process, and taking collective responsibility for the development and implementation of the business strategy.
- To actively promote a safety culture within the site ensuring all health and safety requirements are met, regularly reviewed and action plans developed and implemented.
- To ensure that the standards of food safety, legality and quality defined within the Quality Management System are understood and implemented. Where any non-conformance to that defined within the quality management system or a risk to the product are found the job holder shall ensure action is taken to prevent a reoccurrence. Where improvements to the Quality Management System are identified, the job holder shall actively discuss the matter with the Technical Department to determine whether and how it should be addressed.
- Develop and implement a site plan to deliver continuous improvement against quality, technical and cost KPIs and ensure that the factory & suppliers maintain the standards required by all customers and relevant codes of practice/guidelines.
- Communicate, liaise & escalate issues with the Divisional Head of Technical, General Manager, colleagues and other departments where necessary.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Industry recognised Technical qualification – HND/Degree or equivalent
- Advanced HACCP
- Advanced Food Safety
- Internal Auditing Qualification
- Experience of working in a chilled retail environment
- Demonstrable track record of delivering continuous improvement in technical & food safety standards
- Experience of managing internal & external auditing processes & requirements
- Excellent track record of managing teams; building capability ,addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies & procedures
- Ability to clearly communicate and influence internally and externally at all levels of an organisation
- Self motivated and highly resilient
- Experience of a working with demanding retail or similar customer base
- A high level of flexibility is required and ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment with sometimes conflicting needs & wants.
- BRC Grade A
- Aldi Green Status
- Technical KPIs – Micro / Environmental / Complaints etc
- Customer Service Scorecard
- Compliance against all legislative requirements
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Factory Technical Manager position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.