Job ref: 62940 | £35,000 - £45,000 | South Wales
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
As NPD Manager, you will manage and be responsible for the overall food product development process, from initial brief and concept, through to successful launch.
You will liaise with all stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the timeline is achievable including the process team, specifications team, purchasing and operational team members.
The company are currently undergoing expansion due to their ongoing success; therefore this is an exciting time to join the team.
- Manage each stage of the critical path ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Ensure all product development meets internal business plans and approval at each gate stage.
- Close communication with the customer leading all project calls and visits.
- Ensure products are launched in line with food safety, quality, and customer codes of practice.
- Identify new product development opportunities in customer portfolios with the commercial team.
- Line management, support and training of the NPD Technologist and NPD Chefs.
- Liaise with the production, planning and process team to ensure trials are successful, completed in the time required and fully documented.
We are looking for an ambitious and confident individual who can manage and be highly involved at each NPD stage – you will be keen to be present in the factory as this is not a “desk only” job.
- Food product development experience (ideally 3 years+).
- Ideally degree educated in food science, food technology or similar.
- Knowledge of a range of Retailers and their Codes of Practice.
- Line management experience preferred.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office
The NPD Manager job is based in South Wales and paying £35,000 - £45,000 according to experience.
The package also includes 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pension, Xmas bonus and free/discounted products.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 4.30 / 5 pm., with the possibility of working one day per week from home.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for the NPD Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Senior Development Technologist | Senior NPD Technologist | Food Scientist | NPD Technician | Food Manufacturing Development Jobs | NPD Manager | New Product Development Manager | Head of NPD | Food NPD Jobs | Monmouthshire | South Wales