Our client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Technical Services and Compliance Manager for their site based in London/Kent. Reporting to the Head of Technical, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrative aspect of the Technical Department taking responsibility for the day to day management of the following; QMS, Legislation, Customer Specifications, Raw material specifications and Internal Audits
Key accountabilities for the role are:
- Managing the site’s supplier approval & monitoring programme; auditing/ visiting suppliers as required and ensure supplier non-conformances are closed off with robust corrective and preventative actions
- Ensuring that incoming and outgoing specifications and artwork are fit for purpose, meet the expectations of both internal and external customers and are safe and legal
- Coordinating second/ third party visits and/or audits from a Technical Services perspective, ensuring relevant corrective and preventative actions are put in place within the required timescales.
- Developing and maintaining a robust Quality System that meets legal requirements and complies with customer Codes of Practice and Guidelines, along with coordinating an internal audit programme that challenges and enables the site to progress
- Managing a team of supplier & raw material technologists to request information from suppliers e.g. raw materials, specs and packaging and to monitor supplier performances as part of the vendor rating process.
- Be involved as necessary in customer audits and visits, with a particular focus as the expert on internal audits, raw materials/ supplier approval and management, specifications, artwork and artwork critical path management.
- Producing product information and technical databases in conjunction with colleagues that establish compliance/trending of nutritionals, micro standards and customer complaints
- Initiating investigations and analysing customer complaints, nutritional/ micro OOS to identify current and emerging trends
- Assisting in maintaining up to date technical risk assessments (raw materials, allergens, segregations and integrity for supply base.
- Managing the Audit Manager to ensure the site’s internal audit and gap analysis programme is conducted in line with appropriate timescales, frequencies and to the correct standard, challenging current systems and working procedures to aid continual improvement. Ensure all relevant regulatory/ customer requirements are covered as part of the audit/ gap analysis programme
- Leading the site’s TACCP team, maintaining and developing the plan
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience working with the Major Retailers in a Senior Technical or Quality position within a chilled food manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Food Legislation and Retailer Codes of Practice, particularly as regards legal labelling and critical path management
- Experience managing and coaching a small team
- Strong time management skills with a focus on delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to influence others at all levels
- Effective levels of PC literacy
The working hours of this role are Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm and the salary is £45,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent upon experience. You will also need a driving licence for this role.
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4555 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability