A new and exciting position has become available for a leading ambient SME food business based in Manchester.
The role will primarily lead the technical and quality functions to guarantee food safety and ensure business objectives are met and that quality exceeds customer expectations. This will involve championing the the food safety and quality agenda across the site based in Manchester and affiliated blending sites. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Product Development team to support new product launches, line extensions and continuous quality improvement projects, including the effective execution of line trials and process capability evaluations.
- Maintain AA grade BRC Storage & Distribution accreditation
- HACCP Team leader
- Ownership of Quality Manual and Policies
- Management of site contractors affecting food safety
- Allergen Management
- Assisting the Group Technical Manager and Operations teams with customer generated issues at a site level
- Control of site Internal Audits
- Management of Product Recall and traceability systems
- Control, provision and sign off on labels, nutritional data, shelf-life assessments and customer specific testing requirements
- Assessing capability of new suppliers and advising of suitability for approval process and any action required
- Auditing of new and existing suppliers, including first production runs
- Regular visits of suppliers to bottom out issues, protect brand values and uphold IP
- Maintaining and improving raw material database, specifications, and all pertinent due diligence
- Ensuring technical plans are aligned with category and brand strategies
- Technical Manager experience at a senior level
- Well versed in GFSI certification schemes, including manufacturing, Agents & Brokers and Storage & Distribution
- Knowledge of retailer specification systems and process
- Auditor and HACCP experience
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Willing and able to travel
- Strategic/commercial focus; understands business strategies and those of suppliers to ensure robust partnerships.
- Supplier auditing qualification
- HACCP level 3
- Own car
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.