Is this you? It could be a great chance to join this well established and respected Fresh Produce Supplier. Looking for an experienced Food Specifications Technologist to actively manage customer requests for information and supplier files whilst ensuring all data is accurate and up to date. To be the main point of contact for customer and supplier complaints whilst managing responses and ensuring all matters are dealt with in a timely manner. To provide support to the wider technical team to meet BRC compliance.
This is what you can expect – up to £35,000 per annum
- Annual pay reviews
- 20 days plus Bank Holiday, increasing to 25 with service.
- Retail Discount membership.
- Health Care Cash Plan membership.
- Stakeholder Pension
- Further company tailored benefits achieved through service and commitment
Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
Core Hours 8:00 – 17:00
You’ll have a Degree (or equivalent) in food science or related subject and minimum 2 years’ experience in a food safety role, ideally having managed food specification systems
Experience of BRC
Strong IT skills including MS Office and a good awareness and understanding of food legislation
- To manage a system, where any relevant changes to the raw material, process, recipe etc. are reflected in all the related products specifications for all customers.
- To support the technical team ensuring BRC compliance by taking ownership of sections and supporting with internal audits, traceability etc.
- To actively manage the complaints system end to end from receipt of customer complaint to closing the complaint whilst reporting trends.
- Ensure safe, Quality and Legal food supply that meets bespoke customer requirements
- Efficient and effective communication of food technical scenarios and situations to our customers and colleagues
- Ethical trading due diligence
- Detailed knowledge of customer quality management systems and their application within our Clients business
- Generation, implementation and maintenance of the Company Customer Quality Management manuals
- Supporting wider business with product technical expertise
- Monthly reporting on customer technical performance
- Prove a support function that targets enquiry closure within 48 hours
- Recalls, IJH, AFP, AFB reports
- Customer feedback
- Purchasing feedback
- Sales feedback
- Customer and 3rd party audit feedback
- Customer Technologist regular status updates e.g. levels of non-conformance
- Effective watching brief / quality / technical alert management