We’re seeking a proactive and driven individual to join our Compliance Team. You will assist the Technical Compliance Manager in the management of all aspects of quality assurance and legal compliance within the company, ensuring that the best possible procedures are in place to allow delivery of top quality, safe and legal products at all times. As a member of the wider Technical Team, you will be relied upon to apply critical thinking and drive decision making processes, utilising your technical knowledge. In return, we provide a fun and collaborative working environment in a department that truly is at the centre of delivering amazing products to our customers. A varied, fast-paced role with excellent benefits make this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Technical Team at Abel & Cole. If you believe you would be a great fit for this role, read on to find out more:
- Support development and implementation of Food Safety & Quality Manual (FSQM) documentation, specification, and procedures.
- Provide FSQM & Product Quality training to Operations and supporting teams.
- Carry out FSQM Internal Audits and inspections against agreed schedule and maintain non- conformance system.
- Carry out random and scheduled inspections for process control data and real time monitoring.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and retained for due diligence purposes. Action deficiencies.
- Ensure all validation, verification and monitoring activities are carried out according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of monitoring devices and systems.
- Ensure product testing and sampling is completed against the agreed schedules and in line with the sampling procedures.
- Monitor trends and investigate complaints, advise business where actions need to be taken.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of product testing devices and systems.
- Assist with validation and verification trials in the continuous development of HACCP and FSQM procedures.
- Provide trend analysis and KPI data to the business to guide decision making processes.
- Provide support for the Agronomy & Production Team on product intake and shelf-life checks.
- Advise on rejections, grading and shelf-life requirements. Action quality issues at source.
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site’s continuous improvement to health, safety and the environment.
- Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience within the food industry or educated to degree level in a food science related discipline.
- Excellent communication, administration, and IT skills.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter.
- Good observational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Level 2 or 3 Food Safety qualification.
- Level 2 or 3 HACCP qualification.
- Auditing qualification.
What we offer:
- Salary of up to £24,000 per annum.
- This is a full-time position, Sunday - Thursday, 37.5 hours per week.
- 30 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays (FTE), running from 1st May to 30th April.
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (it’s pretty delicious!)
- Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.