It is our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That is why, like our recipes, if you have the right ingredients, we will invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join us at our manufacturing site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week role. We can consider either the below rotating shift pattern or the night shift (you will be asked to specify your preference in your application).
Shift Manager: Monday to Friday on 2 rotating shifts: one week from 6am-2pm and then another week from 2pm-10pm.
Night Shift Manager: From 10pm-6am, either Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday depending on business needs.
As a Shift Manager, you will lead your team to manufacture high quality products in line with the production plan. You will also be responsible for the safety, engagement, welfare and performance of your teams, as well as the GMP of your work areas and the quality and food safety of the products produced.
You will coach your teams through a scorecard of KPIs to deliver objectives set by the business and will be generally accountable for two to three main line teams in the facility, making up around 60 colleagues.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
• Lead and support your team to ensure the effective production and on-time delivery of manufactured products, instilling a no-compromise culture for product quality and behaviour
• Champion food safety, health & safety, GMP and HACCP principles, to drive the business to world class standards
• Promote a continuous improvement culture to adopt and embed a Kaizen approach throughout our operation
• Proactively focus on the development of your team, encouraging opportunities for them to grow and develop
• Create an engaging workplace and culture, continuously looking for ways to improve the employee experience for both temporary and permanent members of the team
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
• The ability to inspire, motivate and lead teams, as well as facilitate training, development and coaching to maximise performance
• Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards, Food Hygiene and Food Safety standards including HACCP training
• Support and engage with a culture of continuous improvement to coach and develop team members to perform in their role
• Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.
Please indicate which role you would like your application to be considered for: Shift Manager, Night Shift Manager, Both
At Hotel Chocolat, we treat each other with respect, equality and grace. Our mantra? Be brave. Be kind.
This People Pledge is underpinned by our values of Originality, Authenticity and Ethics.
We encourage new ideas and fresh thinking and for each of you to bring your ORIGINALITY to work.
We want you to be your AUTHENTIC self – and feel comfortable to share your differences, and what makes you unique.
Our commitment to being an ETHICAL business means we have a deep sense of fairness when it comes to the way we treat one another.
This applies during our recruitment process too. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who positively celebrates a diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us, bringing their individuality to help us reach our ambitious growth plans. We believe this is critically important to help us create a place to work where everyone feels like they belong, can be themselves and where all of our differences are celebrated.