Our client, a rapidly growing Chilled and Frozen Food Manufacturer is looking for a Sustainable Sourcing Manager with responsibilities in the areas of Supplier Management, Sustainability and Technical. They are looking for someone with extensive Supplier Auditing experience including global supplier assessments. The role will involve a lot of international travel so someone who can be flexible with their time and location is essential. The role will be home-based with a lot of time spent with suppliers but training and meetings will take place at the site in Norfolk.
Reporting to the Head of Technical , as a key member of the Technical Team, your responsibilities would include:
• Management of all supplier approvals to meet site & customer policy
• Management of supply chain mapping & risk assessment (inc VACCP & TACCP)
• Supply chain auditing – both physical audits and remote.
• Building & maintaining relationships with country experts and suppliers to facilitate a continuous improvement approach to supplier management.
• Maintaining & facilitating communication with Customers, Suppliers & Industry contacts to support compliance with Customer & Industry Standards & best practice for technical supplier approval
• Work with supply chains to ensure sustainability criteria / accreditations are maintained
• Working with CSR & HR Team to ensure supplier engagement / compliance on Sedex membership & ethical audit status
• Support site Technical Team with supplier related complaint reduction, internal audit programme, new supplier development and general customer & industry engagement, enquires & communication
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a Technical, QA, Supplier Management or Auditing role in the food industry, including at least one role with supplier management & global supplier auditing responsibility
- Ideally the candidate will have Food Science or Food Technology degree but if not then education equivalent to GCSE level and Further education in Science or Food technology related
- Food Hygiene L3 HACCP L3 as a minimum (ideally Level 4)
- Internal auditing skills - Lead Auditor qualification would be ideal
- Knowledge of Technical Food Industry standards
- Understanding of High Care and BRC requirements
- Familiar with sustainability criteria & programs
- Ideally familiar with sustainability criteria & programs
- Ideally familiar with Retailer Policy & Codes of Practice
- Ideally experienced in communication / audit via video calls
- Good IT systems skills.
- Ability to problem solve, assess food safety risk & find solutions via a logical approach
- Driving licence
- Rapidly growing
- Offer competitive salaries and benefits package
- Bold and innovative in their sector
- Continually challenge traditional perceptions by bringing innovation into every aspect of the business
- Award winning company, recognised for culinary innovation and creativity
The role will involve working flexible hours with a lot of international travel and requires someone that can manage their own diary. The salary for the roles is £50-60k plus car allowance .
If you have excellent communication skills, an aptitude to understand & relate to different cultures and the ability to influence at all levels within an organisation then this could be the next step for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4558 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.