Our Client, a well-known UK Restaurant Chain who believe in “People First,” is looking for a hands-on, autonomous Technical Manager to manage the on-site technical function for their central production kitchen; ensuring all Quality Management Systems are compliant with SALSA and legislative requirements. You will also be helping the site work towards BRC accreditation in the future.
This is an exciting role with a real potential to make your mark. The Central Kitchen will be your priority but you will have the opportunity to get involved with the home delivery side of the business and will help shape the future of Technical in their new production facility. This role may suit someone looking to progress into their first Technical Management role from a Quality Management or Technical Systems / Technical Services position.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, key accountabilities for the role are to:
- Manage on-site technical compliance, ensuring systems and procedures meet legislation requirements
- Facilitate and lead all site audits
- Manage the site Quality Management System
- Maintain all site technical procedures and policies including the internal audit system
- Monitor operational process and production of finished goods to ensure they are appropriately controlled via HACCP
- Manage audits and services as required e.g. pest control, fire safety checks
- Support the site by establishing GMP and hygiene standards with audit and review
- Support the team and provide advice on food safety and quality
- Help develop a strong culture of food safety and health and safety
- Review and investigate food complaints and accidents
- Drive and support a continuous improvement culture on site
- Ensure that any non-conformance management process is robust to deliver the improvement required and identify root cause of problem
Skills and experience include:
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining an internal audit programme, and experience of delivery of BRC certification and/ or equivalent certification standards
- Experience of managing a QMS and site technical systems
- Experience of leading on-site technical functions
- Demonstrable experience of applying food legislation to manufacturing practice
- Qualified to a relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological degree
- Level 3 HACCP certified / Level 3 Food Safety
- Experience in managing, leading and upskilling a team
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- A well-known UK Restaurant Chain
- Driving sales and growth to become Market Leaders within their niche
- Committed to investment in Quality and Food Safety
- Non-Hierarchical, Sociable Brand – very People Focussed
- Award-winning Team Development programme
The working hours for this role are generally Monday – Friday, office hours, however flexibility is needed. The role offers a salary of circa £40k plus benefits.
If you have strong project management skills with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders, then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4563 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.