Packaging Project Co Ordinator
£30,000pa plus benefits
Crediton Dairy is one of the UK’s leading dairy drinks businesses producing an extensive range of fresh flavoured and functional chilled milk drinks, iced coffee and long life milks and creams. We supply nearly all of the UK’s major supermarkets as well as leading foodservice, convenience and wholesale businesses. In the UK around a quarter of all the supermarkets in Britain sell Crediton Dairy products – that’s some 13,500 outlets nationwide.
Located in the heart of Devon, we’re committed to recruiting and developing people with relevant skills, experience and knowledge who share our passion for continually improving our products and service levels.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Project Manager who reports to the Quality Systems Manager. This challenging and varied role works collaboratively across the business with the Operations & Commercial teams and externally with customers and suppliers.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination and management of product and packaging changes across the business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the customer, and our Marketing, Product Development and Production teams to manage the introduction of new or changed packaging into production
• Ongoing management of the product and packaging database
• Coordination & management of the Change Control process, ensuring that any changes to products, packaging or product information are managed in a timely and structured way and in line with production capacity and capability
• Communication to customers, partners and internal colleagues of all key information relating to change projects and initiatives, highlighting any issues. Ensuring that the correct project management process is applied for all projects.
• Liaising with customers technical, buying and creative teams to project manage the artwork & origination process, including processing new artwork, sign off of all packaging and provision of critical path information to customers, commercial teams and supply chain/planning teams
• Managing packaging specifications, checking and approving artwork to guarantee all packaging elements are in line with company strategy and customer and legal requirements.
• Management of redundant materials & delists in collaboration with supply chain to allow for accurate management of stocks leading up to a packaging change
• Managing the material design change process from concept to approval, ensuring that all new packaging is fit for purpose in terms of product safety and environmental standards, by liaising with commercial, customers and packaging suppliers, and coordination/recording of site trials (with support from NPD)
• Coordination of new product launch or product change timings together with the Commercial, NPD & Supply Chain functions
• Establishing and maintaining SAP Master data for new products and packaging
• Providing a key interface with the Commercial team on production information
• Knowledge and hands on experience of food packaging development and print processes, ideally gained within a food or wider FMCG manufacturing environment. Proficiency across a broad range of packaging materials and their respective artwork/design requirements, and machinery interfaces.
• Experience of project managing new packaging developments including changes to existing packaging and print is essential, together with a track record of delivering results. Demonstrate strong analytical skills to highlight changes, track events, interpret customer expectations and translate into effective solutions
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills in order to effectively work on multiple projects along with a keen eye for detail and problem solving abilities. You will be liaising with internal teams, suppliers and customers and so your communication and relationship building skills must be excellent.
• Strong understanding of Packaging industry specifications and standards, awareness of packaging machine design and print requirements for primary and secondary packaging
• Accomplished IT Skills using Microsoft suite of programs (in particular Excel) are essential and SAP experience would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of supply chain systems and processes from supplier to customer
• Financially astute, awareness of commercial drivers for performance and strong numeracy skills