Senior Commercialisation Project Manager
9-12 month contract
Location: Haddenham, UK
Working with our Product Development teams in Haddenham / Dubai and manufacturing facilities in Haddenham, Dubai and Poland, you could help us to bring our passion for flavour to life through our newly commercialised products. Providing project management expertise you will lead the cross-functional effort to win and flawlessly deliver a range of new product launch projects for McCormick Flavour Solutions (business to business). You will be leading one or more members of our commercialisation team supportively and engage effectively with our stakeholders.
We are looking for someone that can not only bring a high level of proficiency in project management but is also experienced in using IT tools to enable effective and efficient project management delivery, to support our Commercialisation growth strategy.
- Drive commercialisation projects forward though our commercialisation process, with the support of direct reports and our internal cross functions (e.g. Product/Packaging Development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Technical, Finance), to ensure that they are delivered on time and in full.
- Project manage a wide range of projects in a well-organised, co-operative way, with strong attention to detail.
- Understand and communicate priorities clearly, to drive action and engagement.
- Leads and attends regular meetings to ensure that projects are progressing correctly, next steps are clear, issues are surfaced and resolved quickly and that support teams are aware of upcoming projects. Documents and communicates the results of these meetings clearly.
- Maintains accurate project data in the project database, activity trackers, Gantt charts, reports etc, which supports the progression of the projects and the S&OP process
- Keeps the Commercialisation Programme Manager (CPM), commercial teams and stakeholders informed of progress and aware of any major issues
- Always attempts to resolve issues for own projects or those of team members, but if unable to do so, escalates issues effectively so that the CPM or other stakeholder can provide support to resolve the issue rapidly
- Supports the CPM to ensure that the commercialisation process and accountabilities are well understood with the functions and that the organisation is aligned to deliver executional excellence
- Supportive and effective team leader of one or more members of our commercialisation team
- Maintain a good overview of the full range of projects managed by the team
- Provide training and support to direct reports and other members of the commercialisation team to enable them to grow
- Engage with stakeholders effectively to keep them closely connected to our commercialisation programme
- Secure stakeholder support for process improvements and assistance to unblock issues that are preventing project progression
- Engage with external stakeholders to demonstrate McCormick’s project management as a key capability
- Build new processes and drive improvements to existing processes to enable us to continuously improve the speed and quality of delivery of commercialisation projects
- Share your insights and experience to help us to improve our project management processes and tools
SAP Product Data, In-House Printed Artwork & Pre-Printed Artwork Creation & Maintenance
- Approves bill of material data change workflows
- Approves pack copy documents and labels for in-house printed artwork
- Uses the pre-printed artwork approval process to co-ordinate the preparation and approval of pre-printed artwork on behalf of the commercial teams
- Secures customer approval of in-house printed artwork and pre-printed artwork via Account Managers
- Communicates priorities clearly to the Commercialisation Data Analysts to enable timely data and label setup
- University degree holder in a relevant discipline
- Professional qualification in project management and, ideally, change management
- Previous experience within a FMCG or related environment
- Good understanding of the commercialisation process, from brief through to launch
- 3-5 years of project management experience, leading cross-functional teams
- Experienced in applying new project management tools and practices successfully
- Line management experience
- Competent user of MS Excel, MS Project and Office 365 tools. Experience of Salesforce would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the pre-printed packaging process would be beneficial
- Competent project manager and team leader
- Proactively engages to get to know others and build effective working relationships across all levels and geographies
- Able to understand Commercial’s strategic priorities and link them effectively to project prioritisation and execution
- Builds credibility, positive working relationships and has the ability to influence stakeholders and team members at all levels to deliver projects effectively
- Leads cross functional teams effectively, communicating objectives, priorities, progress and issues clearly
- Motivates and engages others through positive attitude, presence and a confident, approachable demeanour
- Able to design and implement process improvements successfully, securing support and resources as required
- Digitally savvy and competent, being able to leverage different applications and digital tools
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91611).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employe