Our client, a Lancashire-based family business, is looking for a Health and Safety Officer. Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety the role involves supporting and advising the business on all aspects of H&S and ensuring compliance with the law. This role will have a focus on Health and Safety in the Warehouses and Transport Operations. Will be responsible for monitoring standards, processes and safety systems to ensure health and safety is adequately managed within the business.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assisting the Head of Health & Safety with ensuring legal compliance by conducting regular audits.
- Keeping up to date with Health and Safety law and guidance. You will provide the Head of Health and Safety with regular performance reports.
- Working proactively with managers, supervisors and representatives of employee safety to maintain a culture of safe working.
- Assisting with the review of risk assessments, safe systems of work and accident investigations and, where necessary, working with the management team to achieve the required standards.
- Regularly reviewing Health and Safety training and management systems to ensure that they are effective.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Previous experience in Health and Safety role, preferably in warehousing and transport operations.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent
- Taking responsibility and having a positive attitude for challenges while attempting to find solutions.
- Frequently attempting to identify areas for continuous improvement both personally and for the business.
- Meeting deadlines whilst not compromising on quality of work.
- Being driven to make the workplace and processes as safe as they reasonably can be.
- Always maintaining a high standard of professionalism and maintaining confidentiality when required
- Lancashire-based family business
- Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 800 staff
- Recently moved to a purpose-built distribution centre
If you have the ability to work with all levels within a business and can work co-operatively with others to complete tasks, then this could be the job for you. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm but with flexibility required. A competitive salary is offered for this role
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4566 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.