Up to £40,000
This is a rare opportunity for a talented chef to join a fast moving, innovative and successful business producing one of the most popular brands in the UK. Based in a purpose built factory, our client has an established facility processing chilled high quality premium products for the major UK retailers. They are part of large manufacturing group and they are positively accredited, highly organised and well regarded.
Supporting the head chef and working very closely with NPD, you will be involved in the creative process of NPD within the modem development kitchen. Your new recipes and concepts will be brought to life in a way that will challenge the market trends and is of course viable in a manufacturing environment. You must be able to demonstrate to the operations teams in a clear manner how your ideas will translate from the kitchen to factory to shelf. You will take part in brainstorming meetings, taste panels and trials, work with technical and process teams and with purchasing for ingredients and suppliers.
• Formal chef training and experience working as a chef
• Ideally food related qualifications e.g. an HND in Food Technology
• Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment
• Organised with good time management
• A good understanding of the NPD process
• A real drive, energy and passion for food, ingredients and trends
• Solid knowledge of raw materials and ingredients
• Sound understanding of food labelling and nutrition
• Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team