Food Category Technical Data Executive
(Applications accepted from graduates who meet the Excel criteria below)
The role is primarily supporting the food category technical and commercial category teams with technical data requirements, focussing on obtaining, recording and communicating at both product and supplier level. This will involve creating new routine and ad-hoc reports, and review and improvement of existing processes. The role includes various administrative tasks providing technical support and direction during the development, launch and ongoing performance monitoring of own brand products but also including branded product and supplier management as required.
• Obtain information required for specific databases and reports (routine and ad-hoc), creating new ones as required, these should be continuously improved and developed to meet the needs of the business expectations – for example sustainability reports, specifications report tracking, supplier performance monitoring, nutritional, media issue reports.
• Internally communicating technically complex information in a simplified format.
• Product data analysis and discrepancy review and rectification.
• Continuous improvement of existing processes and systems.
• Supporting specification administration activities
• Monthly and KPI report set up with ongoing completion including customer complaints and product assessment activities. Customer, third party professional & trade body liaison/interaction and support, as required.
• Food Science or Technology degree preferred
• Previous experience in a technical administrative role preferred
• Excellent IT skills to design project tracking and reporting tools (including Excel skills such as V-lookups, IF statements, pivot tables, conditional formatting, running basic macros)
• Good Communication and influencing skills – oral and written including presentation of reports
• Proven problem solving, planning & organising skills with the ability to manage administrative activities.
• Strong drive and adaptability ensuring deliverables are met efficiently and effectively.