Our Production team is responsible for the delicious dishes delivered to our customers from the moment we receive fresh produce through to the packaging and storage of our finished allplants meals & add-ons.
Our Shift Managers oversee a team consisting of Kitchen Porters, Platers, Production Chefs and Warehouse Assistants and are responsible for guaranteeing a process-driven, productive and safe work environment where a culture of respect, cooperation and growth can flourish within their respective shift and across the whole of our production team.
In this role, you will help set up and take responsibility for the running of our new Night Shift. You will be the first point of contact for all needs within the shift while reporting directly to our Head of Operations and coordinating with your peer Shift Managers on weekly production plans and any business and cultural needs.
This position will demand a high level of initiative and independence as you will be at the forefront of an entirely new team working in a new shift pattern. However, with the help of your peer Shift Managers and the Head of Production, you will have the opportunity to learn from the best and plenty of chances to grow within the business. We believe in supporting our team by helping them achieve more and adapting to their growth.
The salary for this role is based on our internal framework and is £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
Working with us, you will:
● take responsibility for the Production Kitchen team on our new night-shift
● Oversee all prep, cooking, plating, blast-freezing and packaging of our meals to ensure your team is making each dish to our exacting taste and quality standards
● be accountable towards the other shifts in our production team and hold them accountable to you by practising a culture of cooperation through comprehensive and relevant handover/feedback sessions
● be energetic and enthusiastic with a real passion for great food, experienced in people and quality management and enjoy building and maintaining a flowing and competent operation
● run a tight production operation to deliver and scale up nightly production yields; hit target costings and apply sharp attention to process, detail and quality.
● have clear expectations of what you want from each team member (from KP to Team Leaders),
● understand how to get the best out of your people, and bring experience at hiring, coaching, and nurturing staff to develop a team that you are proud and confident to lead.
● collaborate with our ops and technical teams to continuously map and refine production processes to improve all stages of production and identify new needs.
● lead by example, sleeves-up and prepping or cooking wherever necessary, with a masterful understanding of every cut-size, cook-time, sauce thickness and plating finish - always ensuring consistent quality products, while looking out for & guiding your team.
What you’ll need:
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
- Experience as an operational manager, running a busy production environment
- Passion for great food, slick operations and consistently brilliant flavours
- A sense of pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness and upholding health & safety
- A constant desire to improve quality, culture and procedures
- A tendency for clear and proactive communication aimed at enhancing the team by listening, offering direction and speaking up when something is wrong, needs fixing or is jeopardising production or quality.
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3, HACCP Level 2 & Food Safety Certifications.
- A personal focus not only on running an efficient team but also in promoting and improving cross-team cooperation.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in a similar cook-freeze; cook-chill and/or food production environment
- Previous experience in a BRC accredited environment would be beneficial for any candidates to this position