Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
Salary: c£45k - £50k
Our client is a hugely successful food business. With sustained growth this is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Engineering Manager to join this high performing team.
- We are looking for a highly experienced Engineering Manager who has experience within the food industry
- You will be a credible senior team player who is a natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. As Engineering Manager, you will have excellent influencing skills and the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of water treatment would be an advantage for this role
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will work as part of the senior management team on this site. With a small team you will lead a key function on this site. You will develop your team, through coaching and mentoring. Developing skills and ensuring a well-structured and motivated Engineering team is in place, to build a positive performance culture.
- Work as part of the site management team delivering the required business objectives.
- Managing the Engineering team to deliver performance against agreed KPIs.
- Maintenance of the site and all assets, ensuring legal compliance.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure maintenance activities are fully integrated and supportive to production needs.
- Responsible for the management and control of multiple capital projects from conception through to commissioning, including the supervision and management of the project and contractors on site.
- Responsible for managing the engineering and capital project budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that contractors fulfil their contractual obligations in a timely manner and within agreed budget constraints.
- Ensuring all activities are kept on schedule and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Communication to all internal and external parties of project outlines, schedules etc
- Responsible for driving the project and keeping it alive with the team and all involved.
- Identification and Management of continuous improvement programmes.
- Reduce downtime and increase efficiencies.
- Deal with emergency situations as appropriate and communicate appropriately.
- Set and maintain high standards of conduct, safety, and food hygiene within the team.
- Closely monitor key process parameters and product quality.
- Write / update RA’s and SOPs where required.
- Set individual objectives and conduct appraisals for the Engineering team.
- Managing individual performance and conduct disciplinaries where appropriate.
- Setting, managing and communication of shift rotas.
- The recruitment and training of new staff when required.
- Alongside the Technical Manager ensure all staff are suitably trained in both the safe systems of work and SOP’s.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/9678 or for a confidential discussion, please call me Carole Hearn on 0161 832 7463 or email your CV email@example.com