Technical Manager – Food Manufacturing
I am working with my client to find a Technical Manager to join their expanding team. Is this you?
Location: North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
Salary: circa £45k
- A leader in the market they supply in
- Established company
- Growing and developing site
Reporting to the Operations Director to lead and take responsibility for all aspects of technical.
- Manage the company quality systems, ensuring that all documentation and work procedures are completed correctly and reviewed, as necessary.
- Ensure that the supply chain is properly maintained and managed, ensuring compliance to company quality systems.
- Understand the key elements of specification, certificate of conformance and so on such that safety, quality and legality are fully complied with through the entire production chain.
- Operate the company internal and supplier audit program ensuring that all non-conformance is reported in a timely manner and that corrective action is carried out as appropriate.
- Ensure that all testing and verification procedures are operated in a correct and timely manner.
- Deal with customer issues including audits, complaints, and technical concession reporting.
- Ensure that the cold chain operates in accordance with the company quality systems.
- Operate a budget such that all technical and QA activities are correctly resourced and operate efficiently.
- Ensure that critical control points are correctly managed such that safety and legality are maintained.
- Organise and chair key technical review meetings including HACCP team meetings.
- Degree in Food Science or similar
- Previous technical experience including supervising/managing within the Food Industry
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of food hygiene standards and procedures.
- Ideally hold a COSHH Certificate or HACCP Certificate
- Excellent communication skills essential – verbal and written
- Understanding of procedures for managing non-conformance
What to do next:
Get in touch! If you think this role is for YOU email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with CH/9677 as a reference or give me a call on 0161 832 7463 (work) / 07792 466140 (mobile).
Not for you? That’s ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link!